Although goal setting is a very powerful tool that can help you to achieve anything you want in your life, most people still fail to achieve their goals. Why is this so? Below are the top 5 reasons people fail to achieve their goals...
1. They underestimate the power of goal setting and did not put in commitment to make their goals come true. Most people know what they want, but they never really are committed to make what their goals come true. If you put in 100% commitment, you will do whatever it takes to achieve them.
2. Most people did not write down their goals. If you are serious in achieving your goals, you must write them down. Having thoughts about your goals are not enough, you have to make it tangible by writing them down. So do this right now.
3. Those who fail to achieve their goals are mainly because they are not taking enough action. It is action that products results. If you are just writing down your goals but you are not doing anything, nothing is going to happen. Remember, goal setting is not a magic stick; you have to take action to make your goals come true.
4. It is the motivation and drive that will propel you into taking action, therefore, visualize the achievement of your goals every night before you sleep. You need to do this so that you will stay motivated and take more action. Motivation is not a skill; it is something that you must do everyday.
5. Most people do not put themselves in a situation where they have no other alternatives but to achieve their goals. You must put yourself in a situation where you will force yourself into taking action. For example, put yourself on the line by making public commitment about your goals. Tell others about your goals so that you will have no way out but to make your goals come true.
These are the top 5 reasons people fail to achieve their goals and the solution to each of them. By following through the guidelines above, I believe that you will be able to achieve your goals. So take the first step now to make your goals come true.